Saturday 22 March 2014

Thank You Lord

I took a bit of time to appreciate the beauty and sponaenity of God's creation yesterday as one of my favourite birds came right into my world early in the morning whilst getting in to work. It was a Jay, part of the crow family, but far from monochrome. They have the most interesting plumage, almost ashen grey and blues on top of smokey orange. Just a joy to watch. And there they were suddenly, two of them, one perched perched right on the wall, almost watching me rather than me, it. 

The two Jays revealed to me that wonder is right around the corner, and in the most unexpected of settings. There I was, admiring creation, standing looking up at a tree, watching these beautiful creatures. Reality slunk its weary head in fast, however, and I was reminded where I was and where I needed to be, but not before that same reality had given me a free and wonderful treat.

Even though we must live out our lives from day to day, we need to remember that God has a plan, and a purpose that can take us past seriously wonderful experiences and opportunities. It's our job to stop and appreciate those moments, which means we have to be looking out for them, even when we get used to things being pretty stable and seemingly uninteresting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment